Sunday 27 April 2014

Things I'm Loving - April

As April draws to a close I write my monthly 'Things I'm Loving' post. April has been a pretty good month, with an amazing holiday (posts here 1,2,3), lots of chocolate and the occasional sunny weather! Not to forget my birthday which is the last day of April.

1) Summer cropped/printed trousers

I am loving summery cropped or printed trousers and think they are perfect for spring weather. I have been trying to find a pair for a while now, however me being very short and skinny, I cannot find a pair that fits! All the pairs I have found are far too long for me or too baggy! (any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!)
Here are my pick of best trousers on the high street:

Zara - £25.99

Zara - £29.99

Zara - £39.99

Zara - £29.99
Asos - £20

Asos - £25

River Island - £35



2) Nike+ Running app

As I am training for the Colour Run I have downloaded the Nike+ Running app, this is free to download from the app store. You can either run with it in your hand or put your phone in one of those cases around your arm. It tracks how fast you are running, how far you run and your route. It can even speak to you or clap to motivate you!
I am loving the app as it gives me motivation to run everyday and also enables me to track how far I am running and see my improvement.

3) I Heart.... series by Lindsey Kelk 

This month I read the first in the series called 'I Heart New York' and absolutely loved it! There are six books in the series and I cannot wait to read the next one. The series follows a women called Angela as she visits cities to discover herself. In I Heart New York, Angela discovers that her boyfriend of 10 years is cheating on her so she runs away to New York. The book follows her as she learns how to date again, gets a makeover and also makes new friends in the city that never sleeps. I couldn't put it down!

4) Masterchef

I am so glad this is back on my TV and I am loving the new series already. As I love to cook I love watching what the contestants come up with, especially the invention tests, I wish I was skillful enough to come up with amazing food like this. I cannot wait until the semi-finals where the competition gets even tougher!

5) The Great British Menu

Again, another cooking programme - I just can't get enough of them. This year on the Great British Menu the chefs are competing to cook at a banquet held in St Paul's cathedral to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings. The 3 chefs cook a different course each night during the week, and then on the Friday 2 of the chefs cook for the judges and also a veteran from the war. At the end of the week one chef wins the round and is in the running to cook at the banquet.

6) Frozen

The highly successful animated Disney movie is out on DVD and I couldn't be happier. The movie was such a success and I can definitely see why, I loved the film. The film is about two sisters who are Princesses and my favorite character, Olaf the snowman. It is set in the snow and have an excellent story line along with many catchy songs. Olaf is available to buy from the Disney Store for £18, but be quick he is selling out fast!!




Happy May!! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment