Thursday 16 July 2015

Honeycomb Cupcakes

I recently visited Waitrose and spotted in the baking section some little pots of honeycomb, and had a brain wave to make honeycomb cupcakes.


I used a basic chocolate cupcake mix as detailed in previous blog posts.
I then found a recipe for malted chocolate butter cream which used horlicks, and it tasted delicious. I put all the ingredient below in a mixer and whizzed until smooth and fluffy and then piped onto the cakes.

250g icing sugar
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
45g horlicks
125g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons boiling water


The cupcakes were such a success I had to make more the next day!! However the next time I made them we had run out of cocoa powder so I used hot chocolate instead, and I think i preferred them made with hot chocolate as the cakes seemed lighter and fluffier and so did the icing.



Happy baking!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment